Thousands of poles in service today, although adequate at the time of installation, can no longer safely carry the loads they are required to support. The addition of new lines and equipment have increased loads beyond the capabilities originally intended, compromising the structural reliability, resilience, and safety of poles across Australia.
- The Osmo-ET-Truss™ works in conjunction with sound wood poles to create a combined bending capacity greater than the original pole.
- Upgrade Capacity with the ET-Truss
- Upgrade pole bending capacity by an equivalent 1, 2, 3, or more classes
- Save money – the cost of upgrading is often 1/3 or less than the cost of replacement
- Avoid the extra effort and delays associated with coordinating change-outs
- Upgrade an entire line without service interruption
Extensive testing has verified the theoretical expectations of the ET-Truss design at the Osmose testing facility. In addition, Mother Nature has been putting it to the test since the early 2000s.
Whether a pole owner is looking to correct overloaded poles or simply add bending capacity to improve structural resilience to extreme weather, the ET-Truss is a proven lower cost alternative to pole replacement.